This is my favorite Valentine's Day photo, taken of our dog Nikki about eight years ago. Valentine's Day was a great holiday this year on Nantucket with lots of chocolate, red roses, and an original poem, a first! On the lighter side, I spotted the column below when I was reading the Long Beach Press-Telegram, our Southern California "home town" paper. It's by one of the best columnists in the area, Tim Grobaty. Enjoy!
"FRIDAY PLAYLIST: Good morning. It's Feb. 15. The day after Valentine's Day. That means Valentine's Day was yesterday. That means you forgot Valentine's Day. That means you're dead meat with your future ex. Don't worry. How many times have we pulled your sorry fat out of the fire? Have we ever let you down? Here's all you have to do: Plug today's Playlist into your Playlist player, slap the earphones on the person most likely to be mad at you for forgetting Valentine's Day, and head for the hills for an hour or so. When you come back, all will be forgiven. You owe us a bottle of Beefeater's, our usual fee.
1. "I'm Sorry," Brenda Lee
2. "I'm Sorry (But So Is Brenda Lee)," Marshall Crenshaw
3. "So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)," REM
4. "All Apologies," Nirvana
5. "Sorry," Madonna
6. "(What Can I Say) After I Say I'm Sorry," Nat King Cole.
7. "Valentine's Day," Steve Earle
8. "The Heart of the Matter," Don Henley
9. "Darling, Please Forgive Me," Screamin' Jay Hawkins
10. "(Forgive Me) My Little Flower Princess," John Lennon."
-Tim Grobaty, Press Telegram (Friday, February 15, 2008)